Today we would like to introduce you two bands that sounds very similar to Randy's 'The Rest Is Silence Era', Eight Miles High and The Red Sexy Band. There isn't too much information about these two bands on the net so if you have further info, please contact us so we can add more information to this post.
The Red Sexy Band was a skate punk band from Girona, Spain. They sound exactly the same as Randy's 'The Rest Is Silence' era. The band released an album, 'This Could Be A Sexy World' (1999) via Outline Records and a split with 'Non Violence Begins With Breakfast' (2001) via Marx vs. Bakunin Records.
Eight Miles High were a skate punk band from Copenhagen , Denmark. When you listen to the EP 'Things We Meant To Say' which was released in 1999, you think you are listening to Randy because they sounds exactly the same. Some members also played in the band Freddy The Rude Fluteplayer.
Enze is a screaming melodic hardcore band from Torelló, Spain, that mixes skate punk with a real screamo voice. 'Incendis' was their debut 4-songs EP that was released in 2014, and now they are going to release their new album "Us Estimo Rebels, Lliures I Salvatges" on May 31st. Check below a little instrumental teaser.
The Definitive Measure started out in 2000 with Dave Contreras and Kris Haugen (drums). They were long time friends and decided to start a band. In 2002 they recorded a demo and in 2003 they recorded another demo (Dave played bass on both demos) with some new songs while also re-recording a few old ones.
In 2004, Dave joined the band Half White (now known as Pour Habit, the recently added Fat Wreck Chords band) which Kris was already in and put The Definitive Measure on hiatus. With disagreements on music, Dave and Kris left the band to put all of their effort in The Definitive Measure.
Soon, they added a bassist as well as a second guitarist and played a few local shows. Those two members left soon after. Dave had a roommate, Matt who was interested in playing so he decided to pick up a bass and join. The two also play together in a 90's rock cover band. TDM recorded a cover of "Something I Don't Know" by 88 Fingers Louie and the song was released on a tribute compilation CD put out by the French record label, Eternalis Records.
On August 27th, 2008 a they very first full lenght titled "The End of the Beginning" was released. It was a mixture of songs from their earlier demos. Soon after, Kris left TDM. In December 2007, Andrew Rotter and Blake Kardashian both from the band Trigger Finger, joined The Definitive Measure.
SoCal punk rocke veterans MxPx are streaming a new song titled "Calm My Craze". This is their first new song after 4 years. The song song will be offered for free on this bandcamp for 2 weeks only since May 24th. Only June 7th, this song will removed from Bandcamp.
Check below two live videos of New Bedford punk rock legends, A Wilhelm Scream shredding Slovenia's Punk Rock Holiday in August of 2014. Chest mounted GoPro action on Nick Angelini showing off how to play the songs "Skid Rock" and "Born A Wise Man".
2016 marks the first year Felony Records has become a sponsor of America's greatest punk rock festival, Punk Rock Bowling. They've marked the occasion with a compilation of their roster, old and new. 35 tracks from past albums, rare tracks, and unreleased songs from future albums.
Spanish melodic punk rock band Minority Of One have announced the dates for their 'Euro Summer Tour 2016'. The band will be supporting their upcoming album 'Never Quit' that will be released on Strait Records this June 21st.
Punk Rock Concoction is aimed at putting together 90's soCal melodic punk rock bands' favorite (or best) songs... the ones that stick in your head for days and make you hum in your head until your read the lyrics... then you're like "fuck, this band is good". The comps will be good from start to finish and may actually help you open up to new styles, new names, new companies, new record labels, and most importantly new bands.
Scroll down to download the 3 volumes of this compilation that were released between 2007 and 2009 which includes a total of more than 80 punk rock songs.
VA - Punk Rock Concoction Volume 1 (2007)
01. The Easykill - Your Scene 02. By All Means - Hold on to Your Grudge 03. The Lowclass - The Life I Chose 04. Profusion - Frustrated 05. Chaser - Autopilot (Mind Your Own) 06. No Way Jose - Wannabe 07. Laydlaw - Dying Circle 08. Rob 'em Blind - Black Sky 09. Antagen - Young And Hopeless 10. Large Lump Sum - E.D. 11. One Big Lie - Wake Up 12. Playhat - Survive 13. Bear - Ready or Not 14. The Disgustingtons - What I Fight For 15. False Alliance - Repression of Thought 16. Sic Waiting - After the Disaster 17. The Dear and Departed - Tonight's the Night 18. Secret Wars - Armed to the Teeth 19. The Logan - Shine on You 20. Setoff - Ambivolence is a Force to be Reckoned With 21. Majority Lost - Destination Complaced 22. Pour Habit - Light the Torch 23. F Loader - I Love Todd 24. Dive Bar Junkies - Stir Crazy 25. Fozzy's Hero - Drinking Song 26. Liquor & Poker - Livin' it Up
01. Hit The Switch - Tidal Wave
02. Critical Me - Halfway Home
03. Kill The Kids - Cottage St
04. Fozzy's Hero - Killing Me Inside
05. Antagen - The Greenback Effect
06. Down By Fire - Fight Your Battles
07. Bear - To Quote Fdr
08. Secret Wars - Flatline
09. Majority Lost - Chemically Imbalanced Nation
10. Pour Habit - Resignation
11. The Dwarves - Downey Junior
12. Largelumpsum - Warpaint
13. Skyline Collapse - Song For Imitator
14. Chaser - Set It Off
15. Raised By Apes - Armed Forces
16. Voodoo Glow Skulls - Morning Air Raid Sirens
17. Viva Hate - God's Lonley Man
18. One Big Lie - 20 To 5
19. The Logan - Please, Let Me Have A Minor Accident
20. It's All Over - 40 Acres
21. The Last Priority - Refridgerator Raider
22. False Alliance - One Last Song
23. Second Stint - Not Your Fault
24. By All Means - Take On The World
25. The Easy Kill - Lifetime
26. Rasputin - Kill And Destroy
27. No Way Jose - Don't Worry
28. The Bastard Suns - My Pint
01. Chaser - Sickness
02. A Wilhelm Scream - I Wipe My Ass With Showbiz
03. Pour Habit - Tomahawk
04. Raised Under Reagan - Note In A Bottle
05. The Bastard Suns - Pirates of the Whiskey Sea
06. One Word Solution - Welcome to America
07. Skyline Collapse - Challenge the Ghost
08. The Logan - Bed and Breakfast
09. Setoff - Who Invited these Fucking Fuckers
10. By All Means - Maybes and Possibilities
11. The Dwarves - Dominator
12. One Big Lie - Blinded
13. Hit the Switch - Lone Child
14. Majority Lost - Soul for Sale
15. Get Dead - Only Human
16. Raised by Apes - Drug Test
17. Doesitmatter - Cash In
18. Cambridge - A Corporation is not a Person
19. Shiver - The Voice of Treason
20. Unfallen Heroes - Something to Live For
21. Sixes and Sevens - No Solution
22. The Last Priority - America's Hijacked
23. Critical Me - King Greed
24. Uprise - Get Yourself Out
25. Media Control - Broadcast
26. VW Trainwreck - Jailbait
27. Large Lump Sum - Johnny Strikes Again
28. Kill the Kids - Heya
SoCal 90's punk rockers Craig's Brother have announced via Facebook that the band will be releasing a new album in 2017 with their original lineup. This would mark the 1st time the members of the 'Homecoming' lineup would be on board for a full length album.
In just 4 years, Punk Rock Holiday has become one of the most anticipating events in Europe to those who have once experienced a different meaning of a festival.
Camping in the shade of the trees, surrounded by mountains, a meditereanean climate, 2 festival owned beaches, main stage in an avenue of trees, no barricades between bands and audience and a Beach stage on a so called paradise beach should give you the impression of how amazing this festival really is.
Not only the festival offers a tasty selection of amazing bands, but also the whole relaxed atmosphere on one of the most exceptional festival locations in the world makes Punk Rock Holiday an unforgettable experience.
Maniak Mansion was a fast and technical skate punk act from Quebec that was active on the early 2000s. There's no much info about this band over the net, just that they played with some other bands of the scene of the years like Bald Vulture, Reset or Illness and that they broke up just before releasing the album 'Musical Madness' that you can download below.
If you like canadian fast skate punk in the vein of Downshift this band is for you. It has that fast melodic canadian skate punk sounds that you like.
01. Unknown Track
02. Politicaly Incorrect
03. Dedicated To You
04. Musical Madness
05. Sad Song
06. End Of Our Days
07. Lifetime Pride
08. True Lies
09. Teen Age Stone
10. Reputation Sucks
11. Inside Me
12. Empty Message
13. Broken Angel + Mario Bros
Fast, technical, and melodic are just a few words that the punk rock community uses to describe MUTE’s music. Composed of Marc-Antoine Bastien, Étienne Dionne, Jean-Philippe Lamonde and Alexis Trépanier, MUTE has spent the last 16 years taking a 100% DIY approach to bringing its music to the masses.
The group has four albums under its belt - Blueprints (2001), Sleepers (2004), The Raven (2008) and Thunderblast (2011) – that have been distributed in North America, Brazil, Japan and Europe. The band has also filmed five music videos over the course of their career.
Today we would like to introduce you a band that sounds very similar to MUTE’s music, IVS.
Out of Canada comes the band known as IVS, bringing with them an arsenal of fast, melodic tunes. For fans of metal-infused melodic punk rock, IVS is a band that you absolutely can not miss! With many surprises up their sleeves, and no plan to give up anytime in the near future, the five-headed monster from the cold city of Mississauga is ready for Destruction.
The band has released two EPs, 'Black Eyes EP (2008)' and 'Extinction EP (2010)', and a full-length, 'Rest Assured, We Are Not Your Saviours (2009)'. You can get them right here.
SoCal Lagwagon's frontman Joey Cape have revealed in a recent interview with Vice the reasons of writing the song May 16t.
"Cape had a falling out with friends, then woke up on May 16 after a one night stand—“just another Saturday” according to the lyrics—to hear wedding bells, look outside the window, and literally see his former friends getting married."
Click here to read Joey Cape talking about that day.
Fat Wreck Chords will be releasing a new compilation named "Mild In The Streets: Fat Music Unplugged" on July 1st. It is a collection of songs from punk bands and singers who trade in their blaring amps and distortion pedals for acoustic guitars and minimalist arrangements. Jammed with 16 soulful songs, including 5 previously unreleased, this comp is a great listen front to back. Capped by a bonus track of a full symphony recording of NOFX’s “The Decline,” this new comp is a unique must-have.
01. Tony Sly (No Use for A Name) - Under the Garden
02. Swingin’ Utters - Fruitless Fortunes
03. Stacey Dee (Bad Cop/Bad Cop) - Everything Is Beautiful
04. Sam Sadowski (Closet Fiends) - Heroinsomnia
05. Morning Glory - Care of Me
06. Old Man Markley - Guts ‘n’ Teeth
07. Anti-Flag - 1 Trillion Dollars
08. Yotam Ben Horin (Useless ID) - State Is Burning
09. Matt Skiba (Alkaline Trio) - Continental
10. Karina Deniké (Dance Hall Crashers) - Musée Mécanique
11. Get Dead - This One’s for Johnny
12. Joey Cape (Lagwagon) - We’re Not in Love Anymore
13. American Steel - Hurtlin’
14. Against Me! - Joy
15. Russ Rankin (Good Riddance) - Seven Hours
16. Uke-Hunt - Xanadu
17. Baz and His Orchestra - NOFX’s The Decline (A Punk Rock Symphony)
Travis Barker from blink-182 could not play for some unknown reason in New York at the Warped Tour 1999 (New York at the Randalls Island show) so, Damon DeLaPaz (Fenix TX) Brooks Wackerman(Suicidal/Bad Religion) Josh Freese (the Vandals) and Byron McMackin (Pennywise) played the set for him.